Wednesday, June 6, 2012

JIM STIMSON HONORED


LITTLE HOUSE PRESIDENT AWARDED RICH HANSEN RELAY MEDAL

On Saturday, June 2nd, we posted a marvelous piece from the South Delta Leader on the Little House Society's work.


Today, we are pleased to share with you this note from Jim and to offer our congratulations to a colleague who has devoted a life to prevention and recovery work with great results.

To my Shetland Island Clan and other dear friends,  a few weeks ago I received a heart touching recognition from our provincial government in the form of the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Man in Motion Award.  It brought me to tears for not once would I have ever expected this, nor even knew of the consideration.  I have long held deep respect for Rick Hansen and some 18 years ago my son's and I had the opportunity to have dinner with Rick as he was the closing speaker at a conference on Substance Abuse, the Workplace and the Family.  I was Chair of the conference that year and one of the great moments was our time with Rick Hansen.

As you I hope are now aware our two years of work on building the concept of a strong community education society and a Little House to go along with it will hit a significant milestone this Sunday with our Grand Opening of our new multi-purpose community education, training and meeting centre.  Our new video will soon be completed and I will forward that to you when completed.

I thank you from the depth of my heart for your encouragement, support and prayers.

In Love, respect and deep gratitude.
Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment